The Hartland: Why don't you take a seat...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why don't you take a seat...

Yes, that was a Chris Hansen reference in the title. ;)

As you may have seen from my Project Life post, we have some bench seating going on in our house! Yippie!


I find myself on Pinterest, Houzz and flipping through magazines constantly to draw inspiration for that little corner. It may end up being my Project Life corner since I have no rooms I can dedicate to that...

 *crossing my fingers Tyler will miss getting his hands dirty and build me a little craft/wedding shop out back*

yeeeaaaah right! Put that on the HUGE wish list for a 25th Anniversary gift ;)

Anyway, we had to start somewhere and I found this on Houzz as inspiration for the building the back, moulding, beadboard front and hidden seat storage. It was basically everything we needed! We will keep this close as we do the finishing touches.

SOURCE

Now,  here are a few finished corners I just love! I can only hope my house will end up looking 1/2 a great as these do...

SOURCE
We will probably incorporate some of that dark wood finish thats on that table throughout the kitchen. And we are FOR SURE using subway tile in the kitchen like in the picture below, but not behind the bench seating.
NO SOURCE (FOUND ON PINTEREST)
SOURCE
I really do love that open ORB (Oil rubbed bronze) light fixture. So many ideas, not enough houses...

Things have started to move along in the last week as far as plumbing and kitchen bids... so stay tuned to the blog to see more updates soon!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://earthbagbuilding.com/articles/hyperadobe.htm

Using the technique in the link above you can build a nice little shop in your backyard using materials from the property. Your expenses will be limited to doors, windows, roof. The walls will be very cheap, and the foundation can be built using stone from the creek on your property. Love ya sis