The Hartland: It's been a while....

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's been a while....

Yes, I realize I have neglected the blogging world for a while. It has been a whirlwind month with finishing up, packing up and moving up in to our own place! FINALLY!!!!!

So basically I'm just going to show you some pictures cause I know thats all you care about. Last couple weeks are coming your way! Enjoy!

About 4 weeks ago...

LOVE MY PANTRY!
I'll be painting that door red :)

I've always wanted open shelving!



Gotta get the whole process...
AHHHHHH APPLIANCES FINALLY!
My Craigslist chair... It will be getting a facelift soon!
The paneling I've been dreaming of for a while. I love it so much, I like the guest room better than ours so far!
Finishing touches


OOOH la la... it went in the bathroom too!! :)
  Tyler picked the light out. He is good at this!

 The bookshelves turned out GREAT! I love the look and I've already started to fill them up. 

 Then we had to take a few days to get the yard looking like something. Tyler loves this part.

 Pretty view out back with fog rolling in


 I went with palladian blue in the bathroom. It's the most popular color for porch ceilings in the South and I loved it!  We will probably use it in the sunroom on the ceiling as well.



 Below is an inspiration photo I stumbled upon AFTER I chose the blue. The vanity is so close to what we have! 
The last 2 weeks...
Grouting the tile was a fun messy job... glad I wasn't the one doing it ;)

 Momma touching up the trim 


We spent a ton of time on the floor patching holes, sanding, taping and painting that quarter round!


I love the bathroom lights!


 Grout drying... pretty boring to watch.

 Onto my favorite place... the KITCHEN!



Unpacking is always fun, especially when you have NO CLUE what you have. It was like Christmas all over again!

Oh yes, the mess. Gotta have that on camera... Organized madness.







So happy to be unpacking!
And this is basically what the kitchen looks like today... YAY!

She loves that rug!
More bathroom goodies... 


Vanity was found at a Peddlers Mall!! $350 I think? It was worth it to have two sinks!


 Guest bedroom is a storage room for now but it looks good! I found that ladder in the garage! It was left here. I have something cute planned for that!

Of course we hadn't filled the fridge yet, so this was our first meal in the house on Christmas plates


Bookcases with a bunch of stuff just sat everywhere... again, organized madness. Funny thing is Tyler actually said he liked it as is. no joke. 
Its official when FRIENDS is on in the house. 
And last but not least, they started working on the mantel last night! 

 THANKS FOR READING!!

We hope to find a couch sooner than later and also a bedframe. Any suggestions on furniture stores? We need something we can buy off the floor...









Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Things look so lovely!! What a huge task, you must really love seeing it now that its all together!! It's beautiful!!

Amanda said...

Your home makeover is just mind blowing! Everything looks stunning! You have seriously made me want to buy an older home and completely renovate it. You and your team deserve your own tv show girl!

By the way, I have been following your blog from the beginning and would love to gift you something from my home decor shop as a housewarming gift! I have left a link to my Etsy shop at the end of my comment. Feel free to contact me thru my shop and let me know what you would like :)

Congrats on your gorgeous home!

-Amanda

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoaAndBoo?ref=si_shop&view_type=gallery

The Hartland said...

Amanda you are too dang sweet! I didnt think ANYONE was reading my blabbering on here!

I checked out your Etsy shop and omg, such cute stuff!! You are very creative my friend! I'll email you and let you know what I decide. Seriously, such a nice thing to do for a stanger! I will recommend everyone to your shop! :D

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

How AMAZING is your home!!! I adore everything about it...the kitchen is amazing (that little cabinet next to the fridge is just perfect), I love the paneling in the guest room and just about every other thing in the house! Wonderful job!! :)

Unknown said...

Everything, and I mean everything looks so great!! I love your kitchen! And the bookcases and fireplace! Awesome!! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Everything and I do mean everything look fantastic!! I love your kitchen and those built-ins around your fireplace, perfection!!

The Hartland said...

thanks everyone!! more to come soon :)